The Top Searched Medications of 2014
Interested in the top searches in medications in 2014? This year’s list includes:
1. Antibiotics: No, this is not a drug but a drug category; however I suppose capturing the whole category is OK. We have issues with antibiotic resistance, drives for antimicrobial stewardship, and drug-drug interactions.
2. Adderall: Increased from #6 search last year though it’s been around for years. Adderall has spent the past 10 years in the top 10 of medication google searches.
3. Alprazolam: Same as Adderall has been searched enough to be in the top 10 for 11 years.
5. Steroid: This could capture creams, tablets, and parenteral.
8. Paracetamol: Another term for APAP
11. Sildenafil: I wonder if online pharmacies are the reason? Privacy in purchasing.
16. Analgesic: Again a class of drugs that contain many specific ones on this list.
With mostly medications for pain, depression/anxiety, and infection the list captures usage as well. Cite top prescribed drugs in same year?